Sunday, November 25, 2007

Poás and Grecia Viaje

I went to Poás Volcano today, It was a really cool day. God's creation blows my mind. It is one of the few active volcanoes in the world where you can actually walk up to the edge of the crater. It is considered to be the biggest crater in the world. It smelled like cold fart because of the lake of molten sulfur and an altitude of 8,884 feet. It was a really breathtaking view. I also went to a cute little village in the Volcanic mountain range. I ate lunch with a Mexican couple and had a cool conversation. Well, pretty much any conversation I have in Spanish is cool to me because I am so happy and proud of myself that I even had a conversation. Guess what we ate? Beans and rice. AHHH.

Volcan Poás from far away. Doesn't look like there is too much going on over there. The stuff in front is a coffee plantation.
The crater.
All of that steam smells like cold farts. And it was blowing right in my face.
My attempt to prove that I was there, but the cold fart steam took over and you cant even see the crater.
This church was brought to Grecia, Costa Rica in pieces over the course of two years. It was a gift from Belgium, they made it metal to protect from the volcanic ash.
Inside the church. It is called Iglesia de la Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes.
On the way home. Mi linda Costa Rica.

2 comments:

Brett said...

"smelled like cold fart"

amazing description

Anonymous said...

Today, here in Michigan, I used a shovelled dog poop out of the snow...I'm glad that at least your vistas are bonita. ;)

p.s.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!