Saturday, September 22, 2007

Food For the Hungry

Thursday I went to the place where I will be volunteering for the next two 1/2 months. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays I will be helping teach a class, one in the morning one in the afternoon. We do crafts, play games, and talk about Jesus. All of the little kids who attend are so cute, but very malnurished and are provided lunch also at the feeding center. Its easy to tell when they are malnourished, their eyes just dont seem right. It is very sad, hopefully I will be able to see some progress in these children's health while I am volunteering here. My boss is a really nice girl from Korea. The only language we have in common is Spanish, so that's pretty cool! I'm going to be traveling by bus to the ghetto of San Jose for this. Dont worry, I have my mace and I will be traveling with people.

Para mis amigos que prefieren español:

Jueves fui al lugar donde voy a trabajar por el proximo mes y medio. Martes, miercoles, y jueves voy a ayudar ensañar una clase, una por la mañana, y una por la tarde. Hicimos arte, jugar con juguetes, y hablamos sobre Jesus. Todos los niños que atenienden son muy lindos, pero tienen desnutricion y comen en el comedor en el almuerzo. Es muy facil ver que tienen desnutricion porque sus ojos se ven mal. Es muy triste, pero yo espero que yo pueda ver el progreso en el salud de estos niños mientras estoy voluntariando aqui. Mi jefa es de Korea y es una muchacha muy simpatica. El unico idioma que tenemos en comun es español, asi que es muy chiva. Voy a viajar por bus al sector de San Jose para poder llegar ahi. No te preocupes, tengo mi macis y voy a viajar con otras personas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I certainly enjoy hearing what you are doing Frannie ~ The photo's are marvelous! I visit your blog often. I pray for your safety & know that you will be held in God's hands tenderly. ENJOY EVERY DAY ~ HELP WHERE YOU CAN ~ LEARN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
I envy your adventure ~
I love You, G'ma Sharon