Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Open The Eyes of My Heart Lord



This is my favorite worship song that we sing with the kids and the feeding center during Club de Niños. It's really pretty in Spanish. The little show offs belt it out. Its so cool. Just 20 kids, three adults, and a dirty run down classroom in the middle of the ghetto holding hands and singing really loud.


Abre mis ojos o Christo
Abre mis ojos te pido
Yo queiro verte
Yo quiero verte

Yo quiero ver te majesta
Briando a la luz de tu gloria
Danos poder y amor
Cantamos, Santo, Santo, Santo
Santo Santo Santo
Yo quiero verte


On a not so cool note, two of the little boys from my class showed up today with their heads shaved. I asked the mom why they did that and she said "Oh you know because of the lice."

Ok please pray that I don't get lice, holy crap. Seriously. Latin culture is super affectionate and the little kids are constantly hugging me and kissing me on the cheek. AHHHH. They greet here with one kiss on the cheek for craps sake. My boss and I are both going to get lice shampoo just in case.

No comments: