Monday, March 12, 2007

Happiness in Ignorance

I have a lot of friends who are not Christians. I have been asking myself the question lately: Why did I ever become a Christian? I had found some sort of happiness in my ignorance before I ever came to know Jesus, why was I seeking anything more?

I remember talking to Renee Mosely, wondering why she cared so much that I come to realize what Jesus did for me. I saw this thing that the Riverview community shared, and I wanted to be a part of it. I saw people trying to please God, instead of the world, and it made me wonder if there was more to life than my social ranking at Holt High School or how many goals I could score at my soccer games. I remember when I finally realized that I wasn't in control of my own life, that my life wasn't even my own. The main thing that lead me to realize that I needed to put my faith in Jesus Christ was one person really caring about my salvation.

But I am still struggling with this like crazy every single day.

No comments: