Friday, July 01, 2005

Thank you God

Audrey and I drove up to her cottage in pentwater Tuesday night just to get away for the day. We left after I got done babysitting at like 5ish, and we got there at like 8:00. There was some construction so it took a little longer. We went to bed all cozy, woke up the next morning at like 10:00 and spent the day swimming and laying in the sun on her private Lake Michigan beach. It was so relaxing.. I have been working way too much.

On the way home however, it was less relaxing. We were on 96 just short of Portland and we were in the left lane approaching this green ultima which was in the right lane. We were about to speed up and pass him but he swayed over to our lane, cutting us off and then swayed back over in the right lane. "What is this Ultima doing? Get away from this guy" I said to Audrey. So she passed him and got about 30 feet ahead of him. She had still left about 20 feet between her and the car in front of us. We entered a construction zone where all the cars in front of us were at a dead stop, lined up, we breaked to stop, slowing down to about 30mph and next thing we knew it the green ultima slammed into our back end going about 65. He bounced off of us twice because audrey had to break in order to not cause a pile up by hitting the bumper-to-bumper traffic ahead of us. I started screaming for her to get off the road and drive into the shoulder and so she did. The driver of the Ulitma followed us and instead of breaking to stop his car, he decided to use our car as a little stopping wall and hit our car AGAIN. It was not a fun experience
At least we know that the ford focus can take a hard hit and you will only get whiplash from it. Seriously though, Pay attention when you friggin drive otherwise you are not smart person and I don't like you.

2 comments:

brad vermurlen said...

Hey! I didn't even know you had a blog. That's crazy about your accident. I'm surprised nobody told me about it. So long.

devon said...

Frannie!!

I had NO idea you had even been in an accident!! I am ssooo glad that you are ok!! =)

God was mos def watching our for you girlie!!

I am glad that you are excited for LT too!