Thursday, December 27, 2007

My blogging has slowed down...

And its pretty much all downhill from here. I will make an attempt to update this with what is happening in my life. It probably wont be quite as exciting since I am no longer in an exotic land with dead people in the river and armed robbers on every corner.

Becca and I were talking last night about how amazing it is to go back to the place where everyone you love is. Even though I really don't like Michigan as a location, I love so many people here. It is so comforting to see the faces that I know so well.

The transition is getting much better. I still kind of suck at speaking English and sometimes people have no clue what I am trying to say because I have translated a phrase literally from Spanish and I end up saying things like "I have cold" instead of "I'm cold." But Spanish words have stopped echoing in my head when I try and order food in English... that's good because that was getting pretty annoying.

Christmas was stressful because I had one week to do Christmas shopping since I got back from CR so late. I am glad its over. I got a plane ticket to Spain for February to visit Anna, I am happy with Santa. I am looking forward to starting school and getting into a routine again. I have lots of crap to do before that! Back to reality! Wooo Hooo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Exotic places, huh? Perhaps we could go up to Clare and go bowling sometime. I hear they got these fancy new shoes with neon laces and a juke box machine that plays the latest in country music...

What I mean to say is, I feel your pain, and maybe even worse because I've parked it in the 5-1-7 for a while now. (Though I'm crossing my fingers for Cali and Florida by April) But, for whatever it is worth, I'm glad to suffer through another brutal Michigan winter in the same county as you.

Jus

_o_o

(I didn't put in the "x's" because we wouldn't want Dev to think something was up)