Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Girls, come on now.

Sorry this post is kind of self explanatory but I still feel like writing it.

One thing that God has put on my heart lately is the way that I dress. Seeing some of the girls I know, especially the younger ones, show off their "goods" with the way that they dress honestly hurts my heart. WATCH WHAT YOU WEAR. Lets have respect for ourselves and for each other by keeping our bodies sacred. The world's attitude says to leave as little to imagination as possible and our minds are being flooded with images that tell us to flaunt what we've got, but God said:

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. -Romans 12:2

I know that when I first became a Christian I never really thought much about this, I just wore what I thought was cute, but if you have that attitude, you should change it, NOW. We have to remember who sees us when we dress like that, and we need to help our guy friends out by not putting temptation in their faces.

I suggest wear something like this all of the time:




or this would work too:



Not really, but GIRLS, COME ON NOW, we can do better than this Hollister, Abercromie, what the world wants you to look like kind of crap.

1 comment:

devon said...

I found you!! Welcome back to the world of blogging!!

(Says the moct inconsistent blogger in the world!)

Amen to your post.. I appreciate your boldness.. always!

LOve you,
dev